"Let's Do The Show Right Here!"
Mickey and Judy's solution, from the Andy Hardy MGM musicals of the 1930's, always rang true for me; putting on the show was an essential thread in the fabric of my being. Whether it was puppet shows as a kid, songwriting and gigging as a teen or as an artist for MCA Records in my early 20's, I was always making things, working with others, storytelling and often with musical accompaniment!
On graduating from Goldsmiths College, I signed to Jeff Wayne Music in London, one of the top composers agency for commercial music. In a very happy 14-year tenure, I said 'yes' to everything from three-second music idents for Texaco, to full scores for the Shoalin Monks Kung Fu Show Live and everything in-between! See projects for my reel.
I studied a post-graduate degree in Musical Theatre, the first course of its kind in Europe. My work expanded from the 30-second commercial to the full blown musical, with the Kung Fu Masters Live Show, seven shows for Carnival Cruises and my own chamber musical, the Musical Medium and music hall musical, Frank's Closet.
California Here I Come!
I moved to Los Angeles in January 2014, and just picked up my career, scoring commercials for Dairy Queen, sound design for the Economist and theme music for Fusion Media's award winning podcasts. I also stage events, such as celebrating the Eurovision Song Contest, now televised live in America and a series of Love In's celebrating queer pop culture at the East Hollywood heritage bar, The Faultline. I'm an occasional blogger for WonderlustTravel and RealLAtours. In July 2017, became music director of Quick and Funny Musicals at UCB, home to LA's improv scene, which has helped me find my tribe in the City of Stars.
Music Director for Quick & Funny Musicals at Upright Citizens Brigade in Hollywood.
What I've Achieved
- Music Director of Quick & Funny Musicals at Upright Citizens Brigade, Los Angeles
- Scored music for hundreds of commercials for leading brands including Audi, Ford, Virgin Atlantic and Dairy Queen, Tate Modern and the British Musem
- Created live theatre shows for Carnival cruises and London Olympics
- Staged two successful musicals in London, gaining praise from national press
- Taught songwriting at Core Arts, Hackney, London - a center for adults with long term mental health issues
- Worked with the Leeds Youth Choir on a a cantata celebrating the 2012 Cultural Olympiad, winning an award
- Commissioned by Arts Council England to create North London Community Choir Project, with WaterAid
- Played accordion in the Song for Europe!
- Give historical walking tours of Downtown Los Angeles, and Hollywood with the Real Los Angeles Tours.